General Studies and Entrepreneurship Development (GSTED) Unit
The philosophy of the Unit is to produce morally and intellectually capable graduates with an enlightened vision, employability and entrepreneurial awareness & skills in an environment of peace and social harmony
Our mission is to:
- Coordinate the teaching of all General Studies (GST) courses.
- Empower ADUN students with all three basic Entrepreneurial skills:
- Soft skills which include self-confidence, self-motivation, creativity, communication leadership, responsibility, networking, teamwork, positive thinking, idea generation, opportunities identification, negotiation, problem solving.
- Hard skills such as planning, presentation, ICT, feasibility analysis, business plan writing, business analysis, marketing, sales
- Vocational skills such as fashion designing (tailoring, shoemaking, hair styling, makeup artist) event planning, art and craft, photography, video editing, catering, baking and pastry cosmetics).
- Train students to develop business ideas and entrepreneurial skills, and thus be self-employed after graduation.
- Prepare ADUN students for a post-University life with opportunities for job competencies and entrepreneurial skills.
Dr. Clara U. B. Agbara, HEAD OF UNIT
SUMMARY OF MAIN ACTIVITIES:
Assisting students to improve their communicative skills and develop self-reliance;
Inculcating a general knowledge of Nigerian society in its cultural, social and religious diversity;
Aiding students to understand the principles and basic tenets of science and the scientific process;
Inculcating the spirit of entrepreneurship in Admiralty Students;
Exposition of students to Business visibility studies;
Training of students’ in vocational skills.
LIST OF STAFF IN THE UNIT:
Dr. Clara U. B. Agbara
Mr Augustine Okolobi